About the Job:
As a company, we have a responsibility to ensure our customers have access at all times to the internet, more now than ever before! We are looking for additional Wireless Telecoms Engineers, who can support the maintenance of our wireless network. Our Installation Engineers are responsible for installing and maintaining a range of different wired and wireless broadband equipment, such as point to multi-point and point to point.
This role is ideal for anyone who has unfortunately lost their jobs, due to the ongoing effects of COVID19. If you have a valid working at Heights certificate and are very comfortable working on ladders and roofs, with experience of installing either wireless technologies, CCTV, TV aerials or similar, you could be successful in this role.
Location: Kingston Upon Hull
Starting Salary: £18,500 – £20,000 per annum
Job Type: Full time / Part-time / Permanent
Role & Responsibilities
· Working at Heights, including ladders and roof work
· Work with our customer team to visit customer sites to fix Wireless Network issues
· Work with a range of structured cabling – including, but not limited to Cat5e, Cat6, Cat7, Single-Mode Fibre, Multi-Mode Fibre
· TCP/IP, VLAN and OSI model concepts to configure a range of network devices (you will receive training on this)
· Conduct site surveys to determine ‘Line of Sight’, Radio Equipment Mounting locations, cable run locations and any other information that may be required as part of a project
· Maintain a safe working environment at all time, ensuring dynamic risk assessments are conducted as appropriate, prior to the commencement of any work
· Respond appropriately to network incidents when requested, diagnosing and repairing equipment where required
· Act in a professional at all times, demonstrating excellent timekeeping and impeccable communication skills (both internally and externally)
· Provide high-quality customer service at all times
· Work as a team to ensure all duties are carried out efficiently and effectively; in line with company values
Required Skills & Qualifications
· Working at Heights: 1 Year (Required)
In this role, you do not have to be highly skilled, but you must have drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to working. We are looking for someone who has experience in a similar role, be it in CCTV or Sky installation. You must be an excellent communicator. We may also consider part-time application (please specify this in your application).
· Bonus Scheme
· Your Birthday Off