Hull’s Princes Quay shopping centre is offering the city’s entrepreneurs the opportunity to win a prime unit in the city’s busy shopping mall. The contest will see business owners battle it out for their chance to win 12 months of free rents, Connexin Broadband, rates and a package of unparalleled business support.
The contest sets to support local entrepreneurs in achieving their ambitions and sees Princes Quay team up with leading local business leaders. HullBID’s Executive Director, Kathryn Shillito, will be supporting in the judging process, drawing upon her experience and expertise to help select out a winner, and Jan Brumby and Jonathan Elvidge will also be on hand to offer specialist advice and guidance.
Entrants need to fill out a short application form that will enable the judges to gain an overview of the business and get a feel for the type of operation. Those who are fortunate will then be invited to come into the shopping centre to give the judges a short presentation on their business plan.
Princes Quay, a long term Connexin partner, is encouraging all entrepreneurs to enter, be it fashion retailers to food operators – all entries will be considered and the unit will be decided on the winning business.
Centre Manager John Magee said: “We’re incredibly excited to launch the competition and give local entrepreneurs the chance to accelerate their business. It’s a genuine opportunity for anyone looking to grow and, with expert guidance on hand, the winner will be supported every step of the way.”
The full prize includes:
• Free unit space for 12 months
• Includes rent, service charge & business rates throughout the 12 months
• Card payment processing – the winning shop will receive a free PDQ machine for three months, supplied by Payment Sense
• Business mentoring – Quarterly meetings with our expert business advisor Jonathan Elvidge
• Expert retail support from Centre Manager John Magee and the wider Princes Quay team
•UltraFast broadband– provided for 12 months by Connexin
• Marketing support – from the Princes Quay marketing team who will offer advice and guidance, online and in-centre promotion and social media support
• Creative design services – the winner will receive 10 free hours from ICG, Princes Quay’s design agency
• PR support – Princes Quay’s PR agency, Sowden + Sowden, will issue regular press releases about the winning shop and ongoing success, throughout the local and regional media
• Shop signage – onsite survey and discussion meeting, fascia sign, window and wall graphics and installation by Designs Signage Solutions
• Accountancy support from local accountants – Harris, Lacey & Swain
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Princes Quay Website, as well as the online entry form and the applicant toolkit.