This is an excellent opportunity for a GIS Specialist to join a rapidly expanding business, in a role that encourages creativity, entrepreneurship and autonomy.
Job Type: Full time & Permanent
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
Who are we?
We’re on a mission to “Simplify technology to connect the real world with the digital world to improve the way we work, live and play” To get there, we govern ourselves with a set of simple, yet powerful guiding principles.
We believe we make a difference to people’s lives.
We care about each other & our customers.
We challenge the Industry.
We deliver on our promises and have fun doing it
What will you be doing?
- Own, Manage, maintain & update the information on the network design & management system – IQGeo
- Maintain data and accurate “As-Built” records of all network inventory
- Produce detailed survey maps in support of the survey team & checking subsequent survey packs for alignment with the Network Plan and completeness
- Work very closely with Network Planning specialist
- Effectively resolve issues that arise between data layers and opposite co-ordinate systems across the applications utilised by the business
- Liaise with 3rd party resources to resolve any compatibility issues
- Capture and identify asset types and dimensions and record them accurately
- Driving consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
What experience do we require?
- Work independently and within a team
- Min 5 years progressive experience on GIS systems
- Knowledge of utility company functions like Geometric Networks and Linear Referencing
- Working knowledge of web-based GIS and/or enterprise GIS technologies
- Ordnance survey experience
- Ability to create reports or exports using SQL or other GIS tools
- Ability to utilize multiple large GIS datasets with differing formats and coordinates
- Experience with GIS mapping applications used for utility asset management
- Substantial understanding and experience using and manipulating databases
- Exceptional attention to detail and well developed organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (in geography, cartography, planning, computer science or related field with an emphasis in GIS/GPS
- Experience in a telecoms fibre network related role
- Working knowledge & experience of IQGeo
- Understanding or Fibre Optic Builds
- Detailed knowledge of SQL, FME & Python.