Network Manager – Hull
We’re on the hunt for a new team member to manage the overall network and the technical support behind it. In this role, we require someone to maintain the highest level of network uptime with maximum efficiency.
Reporting to: Operations Manager/CTO
Direct reports: 2nd Line Support & NOC Team
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 per annum (Dependant on experience)
Who are we?
Founded in 2006, Connexin is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and world-leading technology. We specialize in award-winning IoT solutions, hosted telephony services, high-speed connectivity, and low powered networks and we use these to build smarter, more connected cities and communities. We have successfully deployed and built multiple carrier-grade networks across the UK, supporting thousands of residents and businesses. We’re on a mission to “Enrich Lives through sustainable innovation and the unique power of the Internet.” Are you up for joining us on the way?
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for managing Connexin’s networks, ensuring uptime requirements are achieved
- Excellent understanding of Network platforms – including Cisco Catalyst Series, Cisco ASR Series and Cisco Meraki
- Network Monitoring and Capacity Management Experience
- Strong Experience of Network Technologies such as Fixed Wireless Access, Fibre and LPWAN, including routing Protocols – Static, OSPF & BGP; VLANs; ACLs; VPNs; SNMP; and MPLS
- Good Understanding of Change Management Process – ITIL Experience Desirable
- Develop 1st and 2nd Line Teams professionally to develop a skilled team of Network Engineers
- Strong Problem Solving and Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Provide technical analysis to all customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services within defined SLA’s.
- Work with key stakeholders on the design and implementation of planned network upgrades and expansion in line with the strategy
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement ensuring technical support processes are continuously updated and that support teams are fully trained on any changes.
- Provide weekly reports on technical support and network activity and status to Management
- Monitor, support and coach 1st and 2nd line support teams on all channels and products, especially with regards to technical issues that need escalation & higher-level investigations.
- Lead and motivate a small team
What are we looking for?
- Ability to lead or provide support in the design and implementation of projects and changes to the network and security infrastructure
- Ability to implement and manage the network infrastructure
- The ability to simplify and explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Team working and team management skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Methodical and analytical in approach
Education, Experience & Qualification Requirements
- 5 years experience required
- CCNP or similar desired