As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining Connexin’s networks whilst ensuring that uptime requirements are achieved. You will have an excellent understanding of Network platforms, including Cisco Catalyst Series, Cisco ASR Series and Cisco Meraki. A proactive and confident approach to supporting the implementation of projects and infrastructure is essential.
Job Type: Full time & Permanent
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Who are we?
We’re on a mission to “Simplify technology to connect the real world with the digital world to improve the way we work, live and play” To get there, we govern ourselves with a set of simple, yet powerful guiding principles.
We believe we make a difference to people’s lives.
We care about each other & our customers.
We challenge the Industry.
We deliver on our promises and have fun doing it.
What will you be doing?
- Providing technical analysis to all customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services within defined SLA’s
- Work with key stakeholders on the design and implementation of planned network upgrades and expansion in line with the strategy
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring technical support processes are updated
- Maintain tracking of network hardware, software and licences
- Maintain and update networking knowledge and skills in line with industry trends and best practices
Skills and Competencies
- Able to support in the design and implementation of projects and changes to the network and security infrastructure
- Be a proactive, dependable, self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail and organisation
- Able to implement the network infrastructure
- The ability to simplify and explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Team working skills
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Methodical and analytical in approach
- Python scripting
What experience do we require?
- Strong experience working with Network platforms, including Cisco Catalyst Series, Cisco ASR Series and Cisco Meraki
- Good experience of Network Monitoring
- Python programming skills
- CCNP or similar required