As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining Connexin’s networks whilst ensuring that uptime requirements are achieved. You will have an excellent understanding of Network platforms, including Cisco Catalyst Series, Cisco ASR Series and Cisco Meraki. A proactive and confident approach to supporting the implementation of projects and infrastructure is essential.
Reporting to: Network Manager
Job Type: Full time & Permanent
Location: Hull (Remote pending government guidance)
Salary: Upto £40,000 per annum
Who are we?
Founded in 2006, Connexin is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and world-leading technology. We specialize in award-winning IoT solutions, hosted telephony services, high-speed connectivity, and low powered networks and we use these to build smarter, more connected cities and communities. We have successfully deployed and built multiple carrier-grade networks across the UK, supporting thousands of residents and businesses. We’re on a mission to “Enrich Lives through sustainable innovation and the unique power of the Internet.” Are you up for joining us on the way?
What will you be doing?
- Providing technical analysis to all customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services within defined SLA’s
- Work with key stakeholders on the design and implementation of planned network upgrades and expansion in line with the strategy
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring technical support processes are updated
- Maintain tracking of network hardware, software and licences
- Maintain and update networking knowledge and skills in line with industry trends and best practices
What are we looking for?
- Able to support in the design and implementation of projects and changes to the network and security infrastructure
- Be a proactive, dependable, self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail and organisation
- Able to implement the network infrastructure
- The ability to simplify and explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Team working skills
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Methodical and analytical in approach
- Python scripting
What experience do we require?
- Strong experience working with Network platforms, including Cisco Catalyst Series, Cisco ASR Series and Cisco Meraki
- Good experience of Network Monitoring
- Python programming skills
- CCNP or similar required