IoT Business Development Manager
Connexin is looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced Business Development Manager to lead the development of key markets for IoT solutions, find and close new customers and achieve all sales targets. The dedicated IoT Business Development Manager will be the principal point of contact for the development of new customers in areas such as smart buildings, connected cities, utilities, smart energy and other use cases, and will represent the Connexin brand impeccably. Responsible for the acquisition, growth and development of new customers, this role plays a key part in Connexin’s IoT strategy and future growth plans.
Reporting to: Chief Growth Officer
Job Type: Full time & Permanent
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum + £40,000 OTC (Dependant on experience)
Who are we?
Founded in 2006, Connexin is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and world-leading technology. We specialize in award-winning IoT solutions, hosted telephony services, high-speed connectivity, and low powered networks and we use these to build smarter, more connected cities and communities. We have successfully deployed and built multiple carrier-grade networks across the UK, supporting thousands of residents and businesses. We’re on a mission to “Enrich Lives through sustainable innovation and the unique power of the Internet.” Are you up for joining us on the way?
What are we looking for?
- An experienced solutions salesperson with a track record of successfully selling long-term benefits and outcomes-based solutions to customers
- A goal-setting and go-getting attitude to take responsibility for finding and developing prospects to deliver Connexin’s business requirements while always focusing on the right solutions for the customer
- A relentless focus on achieving the required targets
- A clear communicator, able to pitch complex topics to stakeholders with a wide range of perspectives and digital expertise; calm and composed when placed under pressure.
- Work to develop prospects’ IoT Strategies from both a technical and outcomes-based approach; ensure stakeholder buy-in; provide technology recommendations; and promote the Connexin product set.
- A skilled builder of relationships for long-term success
- An innate ability to walk in the shoes of the prospect/customer and translate their needs into the right solution with the right business ROI
- Have enthusiasm for IoT and technology in general; a willingness and drive to learn and understand the products and solutions both “under the hood” and from a customer perspective.
- Have a problem-solving mentality and a can-do attitude to do as much for the prospects as possible so they become customers and advocates for Connexin’s solutions.
- Develop partnerships and manage the interface with prospects and partners to deliver the right solution and business outcomes
- First-class management of the sales pipeline and processes to ensure full transparency to Connexin and real-time information sharing on Salesforce and other tools, as required