Internal Sales Lead
Are you experienced within internal desk-based sales? Do you believe you have the skills to succeed in a team-leader role?
The internal desk-based sales team is the engine room of the business. Along with field sales, the department is one of the most important areas of our company. As such we are looking for an exceptional individual to lead and mentor our internal sales team.
Reporting to: Chief Growth Officer
Job Type: Full time & Permanent
Responsible for: 4 Staff Members
Location: Hull (Remote, pending government guidance)
Salary: Up to £23,000 per annum + Commission
Who are we?
Founded in 2006, Connexin is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and world-leading technology. We specialize in award-winning IoT solutions, hosted telephony services, high-speed connectivity, and low powered networks and we use these to build smarter, more connected cities and communities. We have successfully deployed and built multiple carrier-grade networks across the UK, supporting thousands of residents and businesses. We’re on a mission to “Enrich Lives through sustainable innovation and the unique power of the Internet.” Are you up for joining us on the way?
What will you be doing?
- Prospecting / cold calling pre-qualified leads to offer Connexin’s B2B products and services such as, but not limited to, hosted telephony, broadband, CCTV, door entry system with the aim of booking appointments for one of our field sales team to attend.
- Managing and mentoring the internal sales team.
- Managing and working to the team’s sales targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Reviewing the team’s sales pipeline on an ongoing basis to ensure sales conversions are maximised.
- Attending and contributing to team huddles and training.
- Suggesting and implementing improvements in the internal sales process.
- Liaising with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency, increasing sales and planning outbound campaigns.
- Building immediate rapport and confidence with the customer by listening to them to fully understand their reason for contact, and what we can do to help them.
- Taking ownership for every customer interaction, taking personal responsibility to see it through to a resolution, leaving the customer feeling that we have made their life easier and better.
- Being accountable for ensuring that every customer interaction is handled to the same consistent high standard no matter what the issue.
- Using natural people skills and initiative to effectively handle queries, resolve issues where possible, and escalate where needed.
- Always operating professionally and efficiently, committed to delivering exceptional customer experience and being able to show initiative during quieter periods.
- Being resilient and committed to delivering for the business.
- Potential for desk-based account management responsibilities as the business grows.
What are we looking for?
- The drive to learn
- The hunger to succeed
- Confident, resilient and positive mindset
- An outgoing and approachable personality
- Self-motivation and driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude
- Has the ability to build rapport quickly
What experience do we require?
- Proven experience in working in a telemarketing or desk-based sales environment – ideally in a team lead role
- Hands on experience with CRM systems and MS Office
- Good knowledge and understanding of telecoms services and selling these solutions or similar
- Team management experience
- Good knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Knowledge of Gamma (VoIP, SIP & Connectivity), Paxton, Axis, Hikvision, Cisco, Ubiquiti product sets