Take Five To Stop Fraud
Take Five is an awareness campaign designed to urge businesses and the public to take time to consider whether a situation they find themselves in is genuine. It is led by FFA UK (Financial Fraud Action UK) and its members with partners Cifas and the City of London Police.
Take Five is the first national campaign to be backed by all the major banks and other financial service providers across the UK. A range of advice, videos and educational resources can be downloaded at www.takefive-stopfraud.org.uk/
The campaign is asking businesses to help protect themselves from financial fraud by remembering some simple advice:
Here are the top 5 tips from the Take five to stop fraud
1. Never disclose security details, such as your PIN or full password – it’s never okay to reveal these details.
2. Don’t assume an email request or caller is genuine – people aren’t always who they say they are.
3. Don’t be rushed – a genuine bank or organisation won’t mind waiting to give you time to stop and think.
4. Listen to your instincts – if something feels wrong then it is usually right to pause and question it.
5. Stay in control – have the confidence to refuse unusual requests for information